Angie M Troy
- Education **especially if local to service area, degree’s, career path-how long at each, and one sentence listing your strength in your career path
- Undergraduate education is in elementary education with a concentration in special education
- 2007 Masters in Occupational Therapy from AT Still University Owner of The Therapy Farm since 2014
I’m Angie and my love of ranch life and animals started with growing up on a 1,000 acre farm and ranch in North Dakota. I spent most of my childhood exploring the land and playing with the animals. My fondest memories of the farm are rounding up the cattle with my father and spending quality time with my family. Being outdoors with animals is still one of favorite places to be.
My undergraduate education is in elementary education with a concentration in special education. I did my student teaching in Australia, which gave me a fresh perspective on education, culture, and society that has stayed with me over the years.
In 2007, I graduated with my masters degree in Occupational Therapy from AT Still University. I felt that having both degrees meant that I could combine my knowledge in education with occupational therapy, enabling me to offer a more holistic treatment. I have worked in a variety of environments including a skilled nursing facility, pediatrics in clinic, school-based therapy, and hippotherapy. Hippotherapy is a physical, occupational, and speech therapy treatment strategy that utilizes equine (horse) movement where the horse IS the therapeutic intervention. Besides hippotherapy, my other areas of interest are sensory integration and developmental disabilities.
I married my wonderful husband, Tim, in 2009 on my parents’ farm and ranch in North Dakota. It was a dream come true to get married on the farm (my peace place), surrounded by friends and family. My husband is self-employed entrepreneur of TNT Shredding. We have two amazing children who also love to explore on the farm, just like I did as a child.
- Hobbies, Favorite Activities, Sporting
- Info below- love of animals – Spending time with family--- 2 kids –Daughter Tylee is 8 years old – Son Adam is 10 years old
Angie M Troy